Sore Muscles? - Gardener's Yoga

Botanic garden
at Tower Hill
 

A couple of weeks ago I took myself on a field trip to the Botanic Garden at Tower Hill. The morning started out a bit overcast, but before long the sun came out. I brought my sketch book, my travel case of colored pencils and found spots around the property to settle and draw. If you are ever in the central Massachusetts area, this is a place that is worth a visit. 


From the kitchen garden 




Some of the features of this site are hiking trails, a variety of gardens, the Orangerie (especially on a winter day), the Farmer and the Fork cafe, and of course their gift shop. Who can resist a stop in to look at all the wonderful things they have curated for sale. 


There I found Gardener's Yoga  by Veronica D'Orazio and illustrated by Frida Clements. Finally, I have reached the point of this blog. This delightful book is broken up by season, and the poses in each section are helpful for stretching and strengthening the muscles which are utilized the most by the gardening chores that are common to that season. 

Gardener's Yoga by Veronica D'Orazio

I personally like to start my day with a warm shower followed by a short yoga routine as a way to set me up for the rest of the day. My advice is to figure out what time works best for you, and do your body a favor by adding a little yoga to your day. 

Comments